Monday, November 8, 2010

Allie's birthday weekend!


Allie has been so excited for her birthday this year. A month ago she was telling me that she wanted us to sing the Happy Birthday song from the Madagascar movie. This is the song that she likes to sing to everyone on the phone when it is their birthday. Funny girl! Her birthday was on Thursday this year so when Wes got home from school we took her to the Bass Pro Shop. She loves looking at the animals and watching the fish in the big fish tank.
After that she wanted to go eat at Wendy's for her birthday dinner. She wasn't getting her cake until Saturday so Wes put a rolled up piece of paper in her straw so that she could blow it off like a candle and we sang her birthday song. That night we let her stay up as late as she wanted, thinking it would be like ten when she would fall asleep, but she lasted until a little after 1 AM. She outlasted me!
We were so lucky to have two of Wes' sisters come down with their kids for Allie's birthday party on Saturday. Allie wanted a Tinkerbell cake so we did kind of a Peter Pan and Tinkerbell Party. It was so fun for Allie to have some friends and cousins so party with. We made Peter Pan hats, played pin the Star on Tinkerbell's wand, a treasure hunt with a Pinata as the treasure, cake and ice cream, and last gifts. Allie really loved her cake she was walking around in the kitchen after the party and asked me if I would hold her up to look at her cake. Thanks Polly and Victoria for your help and company while I did it. We just love our sweet Allie Girl and can't believe she is already three! I am so lucky to have such a cute little best friend!

Her face when she saw her cake!

We gave her this Easel because she loves to color and draw.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a way fun party. I am glad we were able to go. Thanks for being the hostess with the mostess.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, last post is from Polly. I can't sign into blogger today for some reason. Weird

AmbertheGreat said...

Ican't believe how old she is getting - cute pictures, what a fun party

levilacyeaston said...

Oh my goodness...so much fun! and your cake looks awesome. I knew it would. I love the Halloween video too. Payton is so big walking to the door. It cracks me up. I love you guys and please give Allie and Payton hugs from us.

The Anderson's said...

Such a cute little girl! Love you guys!

Jared & Kat said...

Looks like fun! Glad she had a fun time. Don't worry, I wouldn't make it til 1:00AM either....at least during my week off.