Monday, January 24, 2011

Christmas 2010!

Oh how I love this time of year, and kids make it 100 times better! And Wes has a long break from school. The month of December we decided to read the Christmas story from the bible and try to teach Allie why we celebrate this wonderful holiday. I don't think she understood completely but she did get excited to read about baby Jesus every night. The other tradition my family does is make Gingerbread houses every year. My mom is usually the one that will make the Gingerbread but I had to do it on my own this year. It turned out better than I thought it would. Allie and Wes helped me decorate the house/yard. Wes is funny because I guess I am a little crazy about what I want it to look like and he now jokes how I told him to do the pretzel fence and then kind of ended up doing it myself. Sorry about that Wes. The weekend before Christmas Victoria came down with her kids and Cole for a Winsor Christmas Party. We are so glad they could come down here and spend time with us. On Christmas morning Wes and I woke up at 6 and couldn't go back to sleep. We decided to wait until 6:30 to wake the kids up. I can't wait until it is the other way around! I still feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve because I still have the hardest time falling asleep. So Wes' family tradition is that everyone has to drink a glass of milk before they can even go in to the tree, because that is probably the healthiest thing you will have all day. It is funny to try and get our kids to do this every year. Wes let us cheat this year by letting us eat a cookie with our milk. After our early morning snack we were able to go in and see the tree. With us not having anything else to do on Christmas day we were able to take our time opening presents. I think the first 20 min. was going through our stockings and eating tons of candy. Though we missed our family we still had a very Merry Christmas. Also I couldn't have asked for a better daughter that shows her excitement for the things I try to do to make this time of year special.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I am glad you had a Merry Christmas. I like your gingerbread houses.